[Kbabel] corrupted TM databases

Yury Tarasievich yury_tarasievich at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 12:31:10 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg at snafu.de> wrote:
> > These functions ignore project settings, that's
> Can you create a bug report at KDE Bugs please?

If it'll be possible to reproduce, then yes, no
problem.

status
> As written, KBabel's editor itself supports PO files
> with duplicated msgid.
> It is Gettext's tools that consider them invalid.

Right, and that's my problem -- even if I have no
syntax checking active in project settings, such units
show as invalid in catalog tree. I guess there's a
static reference to msg* (or to call parameters)
somewhere in catalogmanager, with syntax checking
enabled.

> As for a translation database, I am not sure about
> the use of it. What is the
> advantage to have two translations of a same word?

Well, the context dependency? That, and the fact the
whole .po business isn't about translation per se, it
is about translating interfaces.

-cheers