[Kbabel] About rough translations

Bernd Groh bgroh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 15:28:16 CEST 2003

Hi Stanislav!

>The last word translation should be fixed now.
>
>The case sensitivity is a bit problematic:
>According to the source, it is used only if you search a translation in the
>window, not for a rough translation. But should KBabel use these
>settings for enabled and/or disabled "Allow fuzzy translation"?

Thanks for the fix, and I wouldn't know? I believe if you want fuzzy
translations anyway, you don't really care about case. If you disable
fuzzy translations, I'd expect it to differentiate between case, iff the
box 'Case sensitive' is ticked, but not if it isn't ticked.

>IMHO, they should be used only for fuzzy translation, otherwise you can't get
>exact translation - PO compendium can match substring, superstring, etc.
>What's your opinion?

I believe, that if you tick 'Case sensitive', even though you might
match if only one word is equal, it should still not match 'set' and
'Set', for example (assuming you disabled fuzzy matching). But it should
definitely match 'set' with 'Set' if 'Case sensitive' isn't ticked.

Regards,
Bernd