[Kalzium] Fwd: Final Reminder: KDE 4.2 Feature Plan Closing Tonight

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 19:17:36 CET 2008

Am Monday 27 October 2008 18:23:17 schrieb Benoît Jacob:
> Nobody replied... confirms my fear that Kalzium is seriously lacking love.

Indeed it is.

> Look, we're not going to keep eigen1 alongside eigen2 in kdesupport
> forever, just because nobody cares to deal with the old libavogadro
> snapshot used by Kalzium.

<snip>

> For 4.2 the least painful thing to do is to update once again the
> libavogadro snapshot. That's all I can offer to do. Agree?

I am fine with that!

> For 4.3 i think it's *out of question* to keep a snapshot again.
>
> I want to state two big problems clearly:
>
> 1) we need badly libavogadro to stabilize.
>
> 2) we need fresh blood in the Kalzium developer team. Kalzium is currently
> in a state of minimal life support, that's not good enough for a project
> with such potential and which got a SOC project in 2007 and another one in
> 2008. I would like you Carsten to tackle this problem. If you don't take
> care to find a new maintainer, Kalzium will keep rotting.

Yes, currently I really don't have much time as beside being a full time
teacher I am the system admin of my school which sucks up the rest of the
time I am willing to spend with computers.

> Maybe it'd be interesting to hear from Frederik's experience getting
> acquainted with the old KVocTrain codebase and overhauling it.

I CC'ed him.

Carsten

--
"Of course, in Perl culture, almost nothing is prohibited. My feeling
is that the rest of the world already has plenty of perfectly good

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)