[Kalzium] kalzium

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Tue May 20 06:39:28 CEST 2008

Hi Marcus,

I upgraded kalzium and tried. Thanks very much for having taken the effort of
updating the snapshot to 0.8, I think this brings a large number of fixes.

Before these changes, the 2nd light was disabled at Low and Medium levels, and
eyecandy was disabled at Low level.

Aside from a save button, I believe that a simple control for bond order would
be useful, as well as perhaps an option to turn on/off 'add hydrogens'.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the help provided by the "Help" button
is out of date; if you don't have time, it may be OK to remove it after
consulting this list, as 1) it won't remain possible forever to have in-app
documentation as the feature set expands and 2) one may object that this
effort should go into the kalzium handbook. If one removes it, one could just
keep in mind that the current text is still a good starting point for the
corresponding section in the handbook.

Cheers,
Benoit