[Kalzium] KDE/kdeedu/kalzium/src

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Sep 13 11:38:21 CEST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 11:24:33 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 September 2007 18:31, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2007 17:18:34 schrieb Benoît Jacob:
> > > Thanks Johannes, it's really nice to have you working on these parts of
> > > Kalzium :) It's difficult to find maintainers for CaML code.
>
> I once promised Carsten that I'd replace the CaML code with a C++ equation
> solver.  However that can't happen before the release of KOffice 2.0.  So
> can we make a deal?  You (plural) help me with KChart now, and I'll do that
> part after Ko2.0?

I'd love to help but I'm very short on time at the moment, and the little time
I have, is used for Eigen 2.

Btw Carsten and I talked to Johannes about the possibility of rewriting the
solver in C++, and Johannes was OK, but then Pino objected that this rewrite
was quite a waste of time ("don't refrain from using CAML just because some
lousy packagers are too lazy to install CAML (it's only a build-time dep).").

Just so you know the current state of things :)

Benoit