[Kalzium] Warning-signs feature: how to manage data?

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Thu Jun 1 09:11:06 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag 01 Juni 2006 01:09 schrieb Leonardo Cassarani:

Hi Leonardo

> I was then told to write to this mailing list, as I actually have no idea
> about the tag nor the .xml file to use in order to add the data; moreover,
> Pino told me about BlueObelisk, which should be - if I understood correctly
> - a sort of a centralized database for all Kalzium-related data.

Yeah, the data of Kalzium is shared with the blueobelisk-project (BO). If you
want new data in Kalzium you need to push it to BO and Kalzium will sync. But
that is easy as I have writing rights in BO :-) You would have to create a
file like this:

1 Xn,T+
2 T,F+,F

and so on. The number indicates the number of the element, the other things
are the international shortcuts of the symbols (T+ == very toxic and so on).
I will write a Perl-script which will generate xml from the file.

> P.S.: Hey! I need to add R-phrases and S-phrases as well!! How can I do it?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R-phrases
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S-phrases

Same here

1 S:1,2,3-5-6;R:34-56

would mean: Element 1 has the S-phrases... and the R-phrases...

For the reading of the XML you would need to patch
kdeedu/libkdeedu/libscience/elementparser.{cpp,h} I think the class is pretty
easy to understand.
To use the data, you have to modify Kalzium itself, probably only
elementdataviewer.{cpp,h}

I hope you are aware that you have to code for KDE4 with Qt4?

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus