[Kalzium] Warning-signs feature: how to manage data?

Leonardo Cassarani leonardo.cassarani at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 01:09:17 CEST 2006

Hi,
I just started to write code for KDE, and since I've always loved Kalzium, I
decided to get directly involved in its development. So I took the TODO list
and picked a task. The task I chose was the "Add a short overview over the
danger-signs" one. After a brief conversation with Pino, I decided to add
dangerousness specs for each of the 103 elements in the table, and to show
them by using a new "tab" (not sure it's the right word though) in the
detailinfodlg. My first idea was to use a simple table with two columns: the
first one showing the danger-sign itself, and the second one showing a brief
explanation of its meaning. Therefore I should presumably add the new data to
a .xml file, and then just write the code to show it. A piece of cake isn't
it?
I was then told to write to this mailing list, as I actually have no idea
about the tag nor the .xml file to use in order to add the data; moreover,
Pino told me about BlueObelisk, which should be - if I understood correctly -
a sort of a centralized database for all Kalzium-related data.
So I really need some further information, especially about what am I supposed
to do to insert all those pretty data. :)
Looking forward for a reply,
-- Leonardo Cassarani

P.S.: Hey! I need to add R-phrases and S-phrases as well!! How can I do it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R-phrases
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S-phrases