[Kalzium] Proposal : use GSL/GSL-- for the linear algebra stuff

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Thu Jul 27 09:46:46 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch 26 Juli 2006 20:41 schrieb Benoît Jacob:

> 1) Begin using GSL functions in Kalzium where needed, for instance to
> compute the plane best approximating n atoms.

In theory that is fine, but only if GLS (and later GLS--) are available as
binary on windows and are compilable with whatever compilers KDE will support
on Windows. I will ask on kde-core-devel because I have no clue whatsoever
about Windows.

> What do you think? This way Kalzium and/or OpenBabel wouldn't have to worry
> anymore about math stuff, risk of floating-point violations, etc...

As said, in theory that sounds good.

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus