[Kalzium] Proposal : use GSL/GSL-- for the linear algebra stuff

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jul 27 13:25:32 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 12.27, Benoît Jacob wrote:
> > I think it's a great idea and I'd be open to "convenience" functions
> > for math routines on top of another library. I suspect this is a
> > better effort after 2.1 is released this fall and could be part of a
> > 3.0 effort. (I'd certainly push for more use of Boost and other core
> > libraries in Open Babel 3.0 development.)
>
> no problem at all : with my plan, Kalzium will not directly rely anymore on
> OpenBabel's math (vector3 and matrix3x3) classes, so, from the point of
> view of Kalzium, there is not urge to apply this modification to OpenBabel!

Huh? You need at least 4x3 matrixes (affine transformation) to be able to
transform objects into perspective. The 3x3 matrix buys you scaling and
rotation, but for translation you need the 4th line in the matrix.

	-Inge

> Benoit

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |