[Kalzium] About isotopes

Jörg Buchwald buchwaldj at gmx.de
Tue Jul 19 11:58:46 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:23:28 +0200
Eloy Cuadra <ecuadra at eloihr.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed some extra work on isotopes... and a few new strings to translate
> about them. I'm member of the KDE Spanish translation team, and because I
> know some things about chemistry stuff, I can deduce that "EC" stands for
> "Electron Capture", but this string is hard to translate in general. Perhaps
> it should include some context information (i.e., "Electron Capture").

You're right, i spoke with carsten, he said he would prefer a
help-button.

> There's also a string that says "Kind and Energy of Decay", when data below is
> in reverse order (energy and mode of decay). I think it would be better
> "Energy and Mode of Decay". And what about using parentheses for the mode of
> decay?

If you're sure that it's called "Mode of Decay", i'll change it to
"Energy and Mode of Decay"
I have neither and  english-physics nor a english-chemistry dictionary,
thats my problem. I think we don't need any parentheses because it's
quite common in the literature without using parentheses.
I would like to specify it more precise. So it's the main mode of decay
but the entire energy of decay. But the table heading is to small.

WsR,
Jörg B.

--
J. Buchwald  <http://www.joergbuchwald.de>  | ICQ: 274621934