[Kalzium] About isotopes

Eloy Cuadra ecuadra at eloihr.net
Wed Jul 20 20:57:19 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 11:58, Jörg Buchwald wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:23:28 +0200
>
> Eloy Cuadra <ecuadra at eloihr.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed some extra work on isotopes... and a few new strings to
> > translate about them. I'm member of the KDE Spanish translation team, and
> > because I know some things about chemistry stuff, I can deduce that "EC"
> > stands for "Electron Capture", but this string is hard to translate in
> > general. Perhaps it should include some context information (i.e.,
> > "Electron Capture").
>
> You're right, i spoke with carsten, he said he would prefer a
> help-button.

Yes, but I'm talking about translation: if a translator have no idea of
Chemistry, he can hardly translate strings like "EC".

> > There's also a string that says "Kind and Energy of Decay", when data
> > below is in reverse order (energy and mode of decay). I think it would be
> > better "Energy and Mode of Decay". And what about using parentheses for
> > the mode of decay?
>
> If you're sure that it's called "Mode of Decay", i'll change it to
> "Energy and Mode of Decay"
> I have neither and  english-physics nor a english-chemistry dictionary,
> thats my problem. I think we don't need any parentheses because it's
> quite common in the literature without using parentheses.
> I would like to specify it more precise. So it's the main mode of decay
> but the entire energy of decay. But the table heading is to small.

I own two english book of Chemistry and they call it sometimes "Mode of
decay", and sometimes "Decay mode", but never "Kind of decay". And Wikipedia
call it in the same way (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decay_mode).

--
Eloy Cuadra