[Kalzium] TODO for KDE 3.5 and post-3.5

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Wed Aug 24 10:53:14 CEST 2005

Hello,

Yeah, one that is called www.wikipedia.org :)

> >>What about adding the same for the main table?
> >
> > Sorry?
>
> I mean, adding a search lineedit above the table. For example, if I
> write "ge" it should hide or grey out all the elements but the ones
> whose name/symbol/both (a combobox for that near the lineeedit should be
> fine IMHO) matches the written text (in our case, "Germanium", "Oxygen",
> ... ).
> Carsten, don't you remember one Mac app you made me see? ;)

Ah, cool. Yes, I can remember now :) Good idea I had back then :)

> >>Isn't there already the editor, even if not well working?
> >
> > Yes, but the editor only makes sense if Kalzium is able to load the data
> > you create in the editor. So the writing and reading stuff is missing.
>
> As a new standalone release is planned soon IIRC, will you wait that for
> re-adding it back?

Soon beeing post-akademy I guess. There are to many issues now so I would like
to wait until we meet in person and fix things like the nuclideboard. A week
or two after akademy we can release it.
I even think it is a good idea to a nother relase by the end of the year for
Qt3/KDE3.5 with some new features. The time between 3.5 and 4.0 is to long
for Kalzium, I think. Distros like Skolelinux would probably like to have a
intermediate release.

> Ah, another one point (quite simple) to the TODO : redesign the Colours
> setting page, as the actual one is all but usable. We could ask at
> akademy, as there will be some usability tests and researches. In the
> meanwhile, every idea is welcome ;-)

/me hides

Carsten