Regarding the Unit Testing Framework Project (GSoC)

Aish Raj Dahal dahalaishraj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:11:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply. And it was not at all a latent response
:)
Just as you have suggested, I shall be exploring more of the tests for
audio, while simultaneously I shall also make a rough draft of my GSoC
application (since GSoC veterans suggested that an early application helps
in getting a clear road-map of the task.)
Coming to the smarts module, I did check the tests under smarts/lib/tests,
and found that the tests were lesser in number (as the smarts engine was
implemented in last year's GSoC.) I shall try to find more of what can be
done in order make the testing framework more robust for it. Also if I get
good enough I guess it would be great if I am able to send a patch with
some tests added on the smarts module (perhaps within a month).
Well, in regard to the port forwarding, you mentioned I do use corkscew to
access ssh via port 443, but I am unable to do anything with regard to IRC.
As far as I know, my university runs a SQUID proxy server, that blocks
connections on all ports except 80, 21 and port 443. With a lot of effort,
the best I could do was use webIRC. However, if connecting via webIRC
starts getting messy, I shall soon get myself a personal USB data card
connection. So, I guess IRC is not to be worried about :)
Lastly, all the best with our work and the  events Plasma Active Sprint.

Warm Regards,
Aish R Dahal