New GDL Parser merged

Arjen Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:32:09 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 Nov 2011 08:10:15 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is just after a real quick test. I have not had the time to
> investigate more, but you can find my operation below.
>
> See the attached log about the "gluonviewer
> /usr/share/gluon/games/jumpnbump.gluon/game.gluonproject" command
> output.

This is due to those files not being converted to the new format. I have a
script that does most of the work, I'll fix them later today, since I
completely forgot those and only converted the installed examples.

> When I try to play the "Apocalypse" game, I do not see keyboard
> movement in the menu if I navigate there by using up or down, but
> enter works. During the game, zombies do not properly die if you shoot
> them. They keep standing in one place. The axe operation, the
> character holds, is also a bit different in certain cases.
> Interestingly enough, not the same for each lunch. Sometimes, when I
> start the game, the character and zombies do not really walk, but as
> if they slid on the ground. This all might be related to the animated
> sprite issue after the gdl parser, but I am unsure.

Apocalypse is having some weird issues in general. I'm not entirely sure which
ones are related to lacking lists, but that one at least is the primary reason
for animations not working.

- Arjen