Developer output format for user documentation

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:05:10 BST 2020

Hi,

With multiple dataset coming, we have a great opportunity to generate
a user manual from the code.

By parsing the ActivityInfo.qml and Data.qml files, we have a lot of
information on activities and on how to use GCompris.

For the final users, what is good would be to have both an online
manual (html pages) and offline (pdf).

I was wondering which intermediate format we should use to generate
these: latex, docbook...

Do you have any preference?

Regarding translations, as we use the same strings as in GCompris, the
aim is to retrieve the existing po files directly and not add new
strings (or only the minimum in a separate po file).