Please help finish Lithuanian language - website, vocabulary activities, etc

Mantas Kriaučiūnas Baltix baltix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:07:04 BST 2020

Labas Nerijau,

I've translated only gcompris-qt.po, please help translate other resources
- it's very important to fix https://gcompris.net/index-lt.html
translation, AFAIK you should finish translation of gcompris-net.po
<http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kf5/lt/messages/websites-gcompris-net/gcompris-net.po>
, see:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/package/websites-gcompris-net/lt/

Johnny and Timothée, please check if this link is correct :)

As far as I know we have fully translated older GCompris-GTK activities,
but I don't know if all the translations are in current GCompris-QT, so if
you have time please check GCompris-GTK repository (
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gcompris/-/tree/master/src ) resources, like
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gcompris/-/blob/master/src/readingh-activity/resources/wordsgame/default-lt.xml
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gcompris/-/blob/master/src/gletters-activity/resources/gletters/default-lt.xml

Lithuanians will be happy if you could help with translating these
resources, because this summer I have no time for this :(
So, please use already translated resources from GCompris-GTK for base and
translate resources, suggested by johnny.jazeix at gcompris.net:

* gcompris_lang.po is the one we use for vocabulary activities (lang,
hangman...). There are a lot of words to translate but it's really great to
have them. You can find the images that correspond to the words in
https://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/words.html

* gcompris_voices.pot corresponds to the translation of the voices we use
to introduce the activities.
If you (or someone you know) have time to record voices, we have a page
listing all missing ones for Lithuanian:
https://gcompris.net/voicestats/voice_status_lt.html and a small tutorial
on how to record and send them to us:
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt

* We also miss a small file for "click on letter" activities:
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/blob/master/src/activities/click_on_letter/resource/levels-en.json.
There could be as much as levels as you need (for example, for French, we
have 2 more levels containing accentuated letters).