I want to add the Arabic translation to Gcompris-0.91

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 08:40:40 BST 2018

Hi,

welcome!

If it is just to get the existing po file and test some update, the easier
would be to get the code directly from the master branch and follow the
steps from
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process#Compilation
and
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process#Getting_and_compiling_translations
to get the existing Arabic file.

Note that you'll need to edit
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/tree/src/core/LanguageList.qml locally to
add the Arabic choice.

Then, you should contact the Arabic team to know their process to get you
translation shipped.

Feel free to ask if you don't manage to compile and run GCompris with your
translation.

Johnny