I want to add the Arabic translation to Gcompris-0.91

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Sep 21 20:38:47 BST 2018

amine amine skreiv 21.09.2018 21:30:
> I'm new to gcompris, i've just discovered it this year, and thank you
> all for this great piece of free software made for our children.
>
> I am an Arabic and French native speaker, with a good level of english
> as well. I'm interested in adding the arabic language to the 0.91
> version of gcompris.

That’s great! As GCompris is now a KDE application, translation is
handled through the KDE localisation project. You should therefore
contact the Arabic translation team:
https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ar
They should be able to guide you on how to do the translation, and on
any linguistic guidelines for the Arabic KDE translation.

If you don’t get a reply within reasonable time (give it a week or so),
you can write to the KDE localisation and documentation mailing list
(which you should join in any case):

Regards,
Karl Ove Hufthammer