I want to add the Arabic translation to Gcompris-0.91

amine amine ammine007 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:30:19 BST 2018

Salamu Alaikum,
Hi every one,

I'm new to gcompris, i've just discovered it this year, and thank you all
for this great piece of free software made for our children.

I am an Arabic and French native speaker, with a good level of english as
well. I'm interested in adding the arabic language to the 0.91 version of
gcompris.

I work on GNU/Linux Debian, From where should I start ? With the binaries
of GNU/Linux ? The github repository when cloned does not provide any po
files or any other language files? only a
gcompris-qt-0.91-Linux/share/gcompris-qt/translations/gcompris_ar.qm

Please guide me, or give me a link to the steps that i should follow to add
the arabic translation to this version, then edit arabic lang file(s) to
add the translations, then how to compile everything to the binaries
locally on my machine?

Thank you once again!

--
Amine Arrahmane Achargui

Effectiveness (“Do the right things”)
Efficiency (“Do the things right”)

Great to see that great projects choose to use great projects to become
even greater