Kiosk mode

Jacques Bon jacques.bon at free.fr
Tue Sep 4 17:21:18 BST 2018

Thanks for your help Johnny.

Two remarks :

- the need to set up favorite activities in kiosk mode every time you launch GC is a bit annoying in a school context ; and you can't use the normal mode, because you can't let the children play with the setup tool ;
- I had problems at school today, because the kids found the way, without a keyboard connected, to launch the section bar just by taking the mouse pointer to the top of the screen. BTW I could'nt reproduce this behaviour on my home PCs, both laptop and desktop. Kids are devil.

The best way IMO for the kiosk mode to behave, would be to keep the last user setup and prefs, which would permit everything you want: launch GC, setup your favorites (or not, if you want to keep the actual behaviour), quit and restart in kiosk mode to use it as you want - but without the section bar and the setup and quit icons.

The ability to display or not the help, the about, and the quit icons would be fine too. With young children, the less is the best.

I think it shoud be not too difficult to code (but I'm just a user, not developper).

Best regards,