Kiosk mode

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:10:27 BST 2018

Hi,

In the command line help (./gcompris -h), we only display the inputs we can
have on the command line, not the shortcuts: we display them in the help in
GCompris directly.

Le mar. 4 sept. 2018 à 18:29, Jacques Bon <jacques.bon at free.fr> a écrit :

> Thanks for your help Johnny.
>
> Two remarks :
>
> - the need to set up favorite activities in kiosk mode every time you
> launch GC is a bit annoying in a school context ; and you can't use the
> normal mode, because you can't let the children play with the setup tool ;

https://commits.kde.org/gcompris/72ec2effa283d1635c1cad306145356b41f8d7a2
always display the favorites at start-up.

> - I had problems at school today, because the kids found the way, without
> a keyboard connected, to launch the section bar just by taking the mouse
> pointer to the top of the screen. BTW I couldn't reproduce this behaviour
> on my home PCs, both laptop and desktop. Kids are devil.

I reproduced in local and did a fix:
https://commits.kde.org/gcompris/d69bee127853a6d429b3ecdd0206891bb45b8b32

> The best way IMO for the kiosk mode to behave, would be to keep the last
> user setup and prefs, which would permit everything you want: launch GC,
> setup your favorites (or not, if you want to keep the actual behaviour),
> quit and restart in kiosk mode to use it as you want - but without the
> section bar and the setup and quit icons.
>
> The ability to display or not the help, the about, and the quit icons
> would be fine too. With young children, the less is the best.

I'd rather like to keep the help and about as it can be useful for children
to understand the activities if needed.

Johnny

I think it should be not too difficult to code (but I'm just a user, not