GCompris rss feed

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:17:24 UTC 2018

Le 19/05/2018 à 11:06, Karl Ove Hufthammer a écrit :
> Johnny Jazeix skreiv 17. mai 2018 08:49:
>> not specific to this release, but we also recently added a rss flux
>> on the GCompris website: http://www.gcompris.net/feed-en.xml (it also
>> exists for the different locales like
>> http://www.gcompris.net/feed-fr.xml supposing the news has been
>> translated in the locale)
>
> AFAICS, it’s not *possible* to translate the news. The translation
> file (gcompris-net.po) only contain strings for the non-news parts of
> the Web site.

Hi,

For the news, we use a little different system in which each news for
each language is a different html file, so translators who want to
translate the news should just clone the gcompris-net git repo and add
translated news in the News folder. (see for example, 20180313.html is
the base English file and 20180313-fr.html is the French version)

Also if some people translate a news, please ping me here or on IRC and
I'll update the website with it.

I think it would make the po file too heavy if we added every news to
it. Also it's much more convenient and faster to translate a news and
directly push it to the website, without going through the .po.

Timothée