GSoC Student's introduction to community

Divyam Madaan divyam3897 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 17:46:44 UTC 2017

Hello,
First of all, Thank you everyone <3 :)

I am Divyam Madaan, I'm a student contributor from Chandigarh, India. It
was last April that I wrote my first mail to the community. It's been a
year now being a part of the community and contributing in every small bit
I can to make it better :)

Its been an awesome journey so far from my silly indentation issues (which
I still do bad sometimes) to me finally seeing my activity merged which I
worked for long to being a SoK student to presenting GCompris in conf.kde
and finally to being a GSoC student now. I plan to complete some existing
activities in my GSoC which are:

1. Oware: This will be my first activity (https://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Oware). I will do this activity from scratch and implement both (two
players and AI part).
2. Computer activity: This activity will teach computers in general. There
will be an introduction part in which you will have the computers part
visible. You can tap on them and you will see what each part does. Then in
the levels you have a twist of not a computer but  a laptop, a phone and
you have the parts in them i.e CPU, speaker, display etc. Then you need to
find the parts on the basis of the functions asked. The parts of the
computer can be viewed as hint in these levels.
3. Play piano and note names: This will be the improvements in play piano
and note names activities in play piano branch including enhancement of the
UI and addition of functionalities/components.

Here is a link to my proposal https://docs.google.com/document/d/
1qNzoV31nC2awUjuQQwO6wRuLV81MKIKAaJqZN5gUfUA/edit

Looking forward to loads of fun and an awesome summer with some new
activities for kids. You all are awesome and I am really happy that I am a
part of this family. The thought of GCompris being played in schools and
teaching kids grow, making them happy with our work and efforts drives me
forward to work always. Also here is my first blog for the summers
https://divyam3897.github.io/2017-05-07-FinishingActivities-GCompris/

Thank you
Regards
Divyam Madaan