GSoC Proposal

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 21:37:47 UTC 2017

On 03/17/17 22:22, Rudra Nil Basu wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My plans for this year's Google Summer of Code is to finish the
> following started activities:
> 1. *Pilot a Submarine*: The port from Gtk+ to Qt was started in the
> gsoc_submarine branch, but it is
> almost empty, so it needs to be started from scratch
> 2. *Family*: The core functionality of the activity is completed, I
> will be improving the layouts of the
> activity.
> 3. *Object Arrangement*: The activity to arrange numbers and alphabets
> in ascending or descending
> order is currently in review. This activity aims at creating a generic
> version of arranging objects in a
> specific order, thus completing all types of arrangement activities.
>
> Proposal Link:
> https://github.com/RudraNilBasu/LaTeX-Documents/blob/master/GSoC-KDE/gsoc_2017_proposal.pdf
>
> I will be glad to receive feedbacks based on it and make the necessary
> changes
>
> Thank you,
> - /Rudra Nil Basu/

Hi,

for submarine, the Gtk+ version is too complicated like that. We need
easier levels to start and good explanations/tuto to know how to make it
work.

for family, I like the new mode idea. It's not really expert mode, I
think it would be better to have a subactivity of the current one instead.

for timeline, for submarine, I think you need to add some time to learn
how box2d works and can be used for the activity.