GCompris for iOS

florent boudet flboudet+gcompris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:28:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Using the build instructions from platforms/ios
<https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/tree/master/platforms/ios> I am
mostly able to complete a build.
I have a few questions...

On which branch should I base my work?
I assumed branch 0.71 would be more stable than master, so this is where I
am working for now.

I had to work around a few points to go through the compilation:

1. VERSION_CODE is expected in ApplicationInfo.h
Not sure about what it is, I just defined it as some numeric constant in
config.h.

2. I had to manually addd the QtSensors framework header path

3. BUILD_DATE and ACTIVATION_MODE have to be defined for
ApplicationSettingsDefault.cpp.
This time again, I stubbed those with some constants.

Then I end up with a complete build (modulo some iOS signing magic), but it
lacks all the resources.
That doesn't surprise me since I skipped those lines from the platforms/ios
readme file:

"At root dir create the directory
mkdir rcc
mkdir translations
And fill copy the appropriate files in them."
--> which files shall I copy? Those from src/activities? Should I process
them with CMake before?

Bruno, if you have some hints about those points to resolve them properly
it would be of great help!

Thanks!

Regards,
Florent