GCompris for iOS

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 08:34:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

a first answer,

> Using the build instructions from platforms/ios
> <https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/tree/master/platforms/ios> I am
> mostly able to complete a build.
> I have a few questions...
>
> On which branch should I base my work?
> I assumed branch 0.71 would be more stable than master, so this is where I
> am working for now.

You can use 0.70, it's the same one except one fix for Windows.

> I had to work around a few points to go through the compilation:
>
> 1. VERSION_CODE is expected in ApplicationInfo.h
> Not sure about what it is, I just defined it as some numeric constant in
> config.h.

Yes, it's the version (7000 or 7100 in this case).

> 2. I had to manually addd the QtSensors framework header path
>
> 3. BUILD_DATE and ACTIVATION_MODE have to be defined for
> ApplicationSettingsDefault.cpp.
> This time again, I stubbed those with some constants.

For BUILD_DATE, I guess you'll have it in the config.h created in the build
folder once you have compiled with cmake (see below).

For ACTIVATION_MODE, it would be better to have the confirmation, but it
should be "inapp".

> Then I end up with a complete build (modulo some iOS signing magic), but
> it lacks all the resources.
> That doesn't surprise me since I skipped those lines from the
> platforms/ios readme file:
>
> "At root dir create the directory
> mkdir rcc
> mkdir translations
> And fill copy the appropriate files in them."
> --> which files shall I copy? Those from src/activities? Should I process
> them with CMake before?

Yes, you can take a look at
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process#Compiling_GCompris_for_Mac_OS_X
to build the activities and the translations.
Then, in the build folder, you'll have all the rcc files and translation
files.

Johnny