Sok Proposal

Divyam Madaan divyam3897 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:13:15 UTC 2016

hi

>>> values
>>> model
>>> >

>>> I'm not sure it will be good to have everything in the main po file, so
>>> maybe we can go with something like lang but it would mean one more file
>>> for translators which do not make it easier for them...
>>>
>>> hi, I am not sure if it will be the right choice. Lang has its dataset
>> in .json ( correct me if I am wrong) and it uses the parser to parse from
>> it. When I was making categorization and had dataset in .json we planned to
>> switched to .qml just because it makes translations easier for the
>> translators  else they have to edit or make a new .json for their language.
>> So in my view we can surely do something better which makes it easy both
>> for the translators and dev team to maintain.
>>

> Hi, it's to be thought :). Another point is that some categories might
> make sense for a language but not for all,

Can you provide some examples?

> can we provide external category datasets (should they be translated or
> should we have one dataset per language?)...
>
> How do we have translated files/folders? For eg. In lang there is
words-en.json, words-fr.json etc. Similarly do translators translate the
qsTr() and rename the files as file-local.qml and we need to fetch from the
respective local dataset?
If that is the case i.e we have different folders of files. I think better
choice would be to make seperate files like category1_en.qml etc. If there
is a way of translating like without it, it would be better I suppose?

One more point I have been thinking was about the downloading button  and
where to download. I take an exmple say a user is starting GCompris for the
first time so he doesn't has any resources. I didn't like the idea of
popping up 3 dialogs just on start to a new user to ask to download things
which he doens't know ( A user doesn't know what is external images dataset
or why he should go for voices). I don't want a popup for categorization in
the beginning. I like your idea and saw your patch for downloading only
when the user checks in config.
 I had a thought to propose: Will it be a good idea to ask for download
when the user launches the activity for the first time instead? I mean
can't we avoid so many options in configuration somehow?

Johnny

>>> Than you
Regards
Divyam Madaan