SoK Proposal

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:33:35 UTC 2016

>     Stumbled upon this code today on github - https://github.com/
> UWOneLaptop/Checkers . It's AI uses 'Alpha-beta' pruning algorithm for
> making the best move. It's written on pygame and I think that I can port
> it. What do you suggest?

There is no explicit license to the code. As the code is in python and not
js, it may be better to start from scratch?
There seem to be some in js:
https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=checkers+language%3AJavaScript&type=Repositories&ref=advsearch&l=JavaScript&l=
It's up to you to decide which one will be easier to maintain.

>     I tried the already existing 'place_your_satellite' branch developed
> by JB Butet. It seems good to me. Shall I propose some other activity in my
> proposal as this activity already seems complete.

Well, it needs to be cleaned (at least for graphical interface):
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/gcompris-devel/2015-March/004185.html) and
tested more.
I think it's more improving and integrating it than recoding it.

Johnny

Regards,