Season of KDE proposal review

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:43:10 UTC 2016

Hi Johhny,

I can answer some of the questions.
In your email.

Emmanuel

> is there an interest to have the activity for the 4 operators and not only
> for the multiplication?

You are totally right this is also interesting for addition and
soustractions.

> For the discussions, don't limit it with the mentor but all the mailing
> list. Even if you are only two discussing, it's good for everyone to know
> the progress and what is planned so if anyone has comments, he can share
> them.
>
> For week 2-3, is it the screenshot you added?
>

> For week 4-6, have you checked if the license of the code allow us to use
> it?
>

> For week 7-8, why 55 (10+...+1)? If you store 3*7, you don't store 7*3?

You don't store 7*3, this is one of the concept of the method to help
children to learn less. But this is a very interesting point, the activity
will have to ask 3*7 and 7*3 as we want to build automatisation here and
some of the children do not manage to see that 3*7 is = to 7*3.

> Documentation should be done while coding not at the end :).
>
> I'm not sure of the usefulness of the chrono, what do you do of the
> result? Is it just informative for the session?

I need a chrono. To be able to put pupils in competition. They really like
it, it is not only to create competition, but also to record progression. I
write down the lime on a paper on the wall at the moment, and it really
motivates children to see that they are quicker and quicker.

> I think the setting window should be part of the admin/server side and the
> teacher will send the dataset he wants to the tablets. As it is not yet
> developed, we can do it in the activity itself first but you have to keep
> in mind that it could be moved so the code has to be done "properly" so we
> can move it without having to change everything.
>
> For me, we can have two modes, the "school" mode where the dataset is
> provided by the teacher (basically the settings window) and the "normal"
> mode (not in a classroom, a child at home) where each level should contain
> all the tables for one number (level 1 with the 10 multiplications for
> table of 1, level 2 for 2...).
> If we do like this, in the "school" mode, we won't have the difficulty to
> be sure that all the children have the same questions because the dataset
> will be predefined on teacher side.

As at the begining we will not have network, I still would like to have a
mode where children could set individual multiplications by hand. Iy will
work this way on the class. The teacher say, today we will add 2*3 and 9*5,
go to settings display and click on them. This way all the children will
have the same questions.