lang activity proposition

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sun Oct 2 16:50:01 UTC 2016

On dimanche, 2 octobre 2016 19.00:43 h CEST Horia PELLE wrote:
> I am not informed about copyrights, but I know that a videoclip wouldn’t
> exceed more than 30 seconds, so couldn’t it be possible to just obtain the
> copyright for free, eventually mentioning in a watermark the title, the
> year and the owning company? I mean come on, there is a good chance that
> some of these movies would be bought in the future by some of the users,
> isn’t it?

From my packaging point of view, which is waiting the legal review for the
voices by legal team (already 3 months of patience), it will be just a no go
to have any of them available in packages.

The copyrights claims is just a nightmare, to handle, to correctly manage and
then to follow, everytime any major brand will find that some of their
production is present or related to your project they will try to shutdown
you. Asking google to remove you from their search engine and so on.
Also loosing github presence, and fight everytime to restore your good rights.

It's a shame, but it's the unfortunate reality in which we live.
The only possible way to make it working would be to have a untouchable media
server somewhere those restriction doesn't apply, and totally disconnected
from GCompris project.

Sorry. If you want to depress a bit more here some lectures
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

The only and unique way, is going to have absolute free media published on
a clear licence (like CC-BY-SA 4.0)

(Was an hard work to backtrace all voice copyright)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch