[GCompris-devel] Ideas

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Mar 16 10:21:30 UTC 2016

Le 16/03/2016 06:54, Komal Parmaar a écrit :
> Some ideas under science section.
> Please give suggestions
>
> 1. Introduction to our solar system. This is an activity dedicated to
> the knowledge of solar system, its constituting planets, moons and the
> sun. The kid is first provided with an arrangement of the system. He
> has to click on individual planets and then a new screen pertaining to
> that planet is displayed which will contain all the basic information
> regarding the planet for the understanding the concept. On mouse hover
> over the planet, the name can be shown.
As is, this is interesting but not much more than a book or wikipedia
(or a children exctract).

> 2. solar system game. Having understood the concept and arrangement of
> the solar system from the introduction, I wish to create another
> activity for a simple game. In this, some worng arrangement of some
> planet is given and the kid has to drang the planet to its original
> ring. As the level increases, the number of planets and complexity of
> arrangement also increases.
Instead of teaching the exact arrangement of the planets, won't it be
more interesting to let the children play with the planet to sun
distance and understand the impact. For example, we could let the
children play around and place planets close and far to the sun and see
them change as too hot or icy.

> 3. Food chain activity. Different types of levels in the food chain is
> explined and the kid plays the food chain as it goes. Like
> Grass->deer->lion. deer must be clicked so that it goes to eats grass
> and this way the game will continue once the chain is completed.
This is very interesting, it is close to what we have for the water
cycle but on another topic. I like it if we can find a nice game play
for it. For instance if we can let the children experiment and find out
that missing grass induces death for the lion we have it right.