[GCompris-devel] Idea Discussion

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Mar 15 00:45:09 UTC 2016

On Monday 14 March 2016 09:15 PM, Emmanuel Charruau wrote:

>     3) Logo Puzzle
>     Logo is given to the kid. He has to recognize that the which logo
>     is that. A collection of alphabets is also given, in which the
>     alphabets which are in spelling of logo are also present. Kid has
>     to pick the right alphabets and have to guess the logo. Hint
>     button will also be provided and if kid click that button, a
>     little description about the logo will be shown. I have attached
>     the screenshot of something similar which I want to create.
>

> I don't undderstand this one :(

Hi,

I agree on comments on other activities but for the logo one this has
not it's place in GCompris. There are many reasons for this:

- Logos are trademarks and we may not be allowed to use them in GCompris
- Logos maybe known in a part of the world and not in others where this
company is not present
- These companies don't need our help to promote themselves, they can
buy tons of ads every where
- We don't have ads in GCompris for obvious reasons, adding logos can be
considered as hidden ads for these companies