[GCompris-devel] Idea discussion

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 22:18:37 UTC 2016

Hi Irshaad,

Lettres: this is a nice game but his aim is not learning spelling.
Kids do not need to memorize the words to play this game, they will
probably compare back and forward the letters one after the other since it
is easier to them. Thought it is a funny reading game and a nice
discrimination game.
You can also modify it to make it a capital/not capital recognition game,
writting for exemple "car" on the left and "CAR" on the right.

symetry.
I really like this exercice, to one condition. That kids have to find "all"
the possibilities. And you have to tell them how many are left to be found.
This is because they will quickly find the first one but often have to do
mental rotation to find the other ones.
What can seem easy to you is not for children as teachers are used to
present a square or a triangle always in the same basic position (we call
it prototypal position), which is not good but which this is how it is done.

Clickanddraw: I ported it ;)

Regards,

Emmanuel (Allon)