[GCompris-devel] Idea discussion

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Mar 10 04:45:20 UTC 2016

On Monday 07 March 2016 10:38 PM, Irshaad Ali wrote:
> hello sir,
> My name is Irshaad Ali and I am from Bikaner, India. It gives me an
> immense pleasure to inform you that i am a newbie in gcompris and like
> to be a permanent member of your team, for this i would like to share
> some of my ideas with you all.
Hi,

Welcome on GCompris.

> Basically all the games for kids under the age of 10 years. I am
> currently working on one of my Idea which is to find the meaningful
> words among the letters, these words will consist of the names of
> animals, plants etc so that with playing the kids will be able to
> learn the spellings. In this there will be levels and each they
> complete a level the next level will be tougher then the last one.
Yes, I like it and it would be a nice addition to GCompris. Think that
it must support all languages. It should not be that hard to make the
levels random starting from very easy for our yougest users.

> The another game is to cut the given object into equal halves. The
> image given needs to be cut down into equal parts or shapes in every
> level. In this game too the the difficulty of the level will increase
> as the kids complete the present level. If the diagram is not cut into
> equal halves the next level won't appear.
I looked at your mockup and assuming the dot line is the answer but a
more natural answer would be to split the square in 2 diagonals. For
this one I don't know, if there is a teacher around he could tell the
value of it and how to present it to children.

> The third one is to obtain the image of a certain identity by joining
> the dots with the pen or brush selected. With this the kids will be
> able to identify the image whether it is a  living being or a non
> living object. different identities will appear at different levels.
We already have this in GCompris. In the old version and the new one
(check clickanddraw).

> for visual understanding i am attaching the photoshoped images of all
> the above mentioned games to make it easy to understand how they will
> appear to the kids. I hope you will like them. Waiting for your response.
Please to not send us Photoshop images but use standard png instead.