[GCompris-devel] Fwd: Cathegorisation activity

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 07:30:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I answer you your email.

Emmanuel

> Thank you for the reviews . I hope your some likes it :) I just created a
> demo version for now and much more to come. Some things I wanted to know:
>
> 1. I created the front category for teaching front in which I used the
> ball as a play mobile and currently just created a single level with ball
> in front, above, left, right for testing. I just want to know how it looks
> and if I should continue the same way? I am just taking any object and then
> changing the position of the ball and will do the same for other categories.

I also played with it but the images are not clear enought for kids. You
need to have objects that are really in front of the objects. I will make
some examples for you.

2. Currently I have kept birds and animals together. Fruits and vegetables
together . For fruits and vegetables next I will add more food dishes in it
say burger, salad, sandwich etc . I will mix all the food that I would
find. You think any other more suitable bad images for these categories?

For the first level I would also put some objects to really help the
player, remember he can be 6 years old and he does not know what he is
sorting at the beginning, we do not give him any category name.

3. I was unable to complete the numbers category. For it I thought of
> mixing alphabets and numbers but do we have alphabets images already in
> Gcompris? As I see many activities using it. If yes where are they?

You can do some screenshots of the falling letters?

> 4. How to start with modes?  According to me the only thing would be
> changing the opacity but how to add such icon in settings and link it?

You can have a look to alphabetical_oder branch from bdoin, it has been
done by stefan. You will see how he manages his modes in settings.

> Regarding your problem I already had this thing In mind when you said that
> we won't tell them what they are categorising. May be we can just keep the
> image as the icon and not specify the name of the category in difficult
> mode?

Even with an image we are giving too much information, really there I do
not know :(

> You would also have seen that I have seperated all the images in different
> directories . I even tried further that is I added fruits and vegetables
> together in a foods directory (for  foods.rcc) and birds and animals In
> creatures ( creatures.rcc) but as soon as I did this all my categories
> stopped working. I don't know why that happened and if we solve it we have
> our .rcc directories ready for different categories.

I did not see that I will have a look.