[GCompris-devel] GCompris Network

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:17:23 UTC 2016

Hi Everybody,

I want to add networking to GCompris to be able to have a mater GCompris
able to talk with slaves GCompris.
I compiled and tested chat-network fro.m qt creator examples.

Qt5.7.0/Examples/Qt-5.7/network/network-chat/

works really well on a single pc.

It works with qt network module to scan the network around and should be
able on its own to see all the machines around.

So I created a new version of gcompris using network-chat and included some
code in gcompris main core.

There is a part at the moment which is done in original chatdialog.cpp that
I want to use in main.cpp which uses client.

Client is supposed to be an object but there is no way for me to see where
this object is created!

here is the code
https://github.com/allon49/GCompris-qt/tree/network

If you compile it you will see that it does not find client.

You can find client working on the original network-chat in
/home/charruau/Qt5.7.0/Examples/Qt-5.7/network/network-chat/chat-dialog.cpp
line 67.

Could someone have a look to tell me where the object client should be
created?

Regards,

Emmanuel