[GCompris-devel] Fwd: Cathegorisation activity

Divyam Madaan divyam3897 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 06:55:35 UTC 2016

Hi,
Thank you for the reviews . I hope your some likes it :) I just created a
demo version for now and much more to come. Some things I wanted to know:

1. I created the front category for teaching front in which I used the ball
as a play mobile and currently just created a single level with ball in
front, above, left, right for testing. I just want to know how it looks and
if I should continue the same way? I am just taking any object and then
changing the position of the ball and will do the same for other categories.

2. Currently I have kept birds and animals together. Fruits and vegetables
together . For fruits and vegetables next I will add more food dishes in it
say burger, salad, sandwich etc . I will mix all the food that I would
find. You think any other more suitable bad images for these categories?

3. I was unable to complete the numbers category. For it I thought of
mixing alphabets and numbers but do we have alphabets images already in
Gcompris? As I see many activities using it. If yes where are they?

4. How to start with modes?  According to me the only thing would be
changing the opacity but how to add such icon in settings and link it?

Regarding your problem I already had this thing In mind when you said that
we won't tell them what they are categorising. May be we can just keep the
image as the icon and not specify the name of the category in difficult
mode?

You would also have seen that I have seperated all the images in different
directories . I even tried further that is I added fruits and vegetables
together in a foods directory (for  foods.rcc) and birds and animals In
creatures ( creatures.rcc) but as soon as I did this all my categories
stopped working. I don't know why that happened and if we solve it we have
our .rcc directories ready for different categories.

Thank you
Regards
Divyam Madaan