[GCompris-devel] user changelog

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Jan 27 23:03:08 UTC 2016

Le 27/01/2016 22:46, JAZEIX Johnny a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've just merged a changelog into the master: the main file is
> src/core/Changelog.qml where we need to add the new versions with an
> optional comment text (useful to tell about new features/translations
> that are not activities).
> I have thought to do without this, but we would lose the fix releases
> logs (like 0.52 where no activities are added but it is still good to
> offer a changelog to the user so he knows why he updated).
I really like it, this is a very usefull feature for our users. This
will help us improve the distribution, today on the different stores it
is very hard to provide this information in all the languages.

> Then, for new activities, in ActivityInfo.qml, there is a new integer
> field: createdInVersion. It is automatically filled when running
> createit.sh.
> I use this field in the Changelog.qml to retrieve all the new
> activities and display them (using their title so it should already be
> translated if the activity is translated) and in the Menu.qml to
> display a "+" icon to say it's a new activity for this version.
> It's not visually perfect so if you have ideas on how to emphasis the
> new activities without having a big flashy NEW icon (which wouldn't be
> good for translation anyway), don't hesitate to share it.
Maybe using the + but in a bottom cornered icon like this:
http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-new-icon-image21496027

With your icon it is easy to confuse it with the icon itself, especially
for the graph coloring item.You can see it "in real" by either updating
the conf file to set:
> [Internal]
> lastGCVersionRan=6000 -> something less than 6000, like
> 3000/4000/5000... depending on how much log you want
> or setting, in src/core/main.qml, ApplicationSettings.lastGCVersionRan
> = 3000 (or 4000...):
>             checkWordset()
>     // -> there
> if(changelog.isNewerVersion(ApplicationSettings.lastGCVersionRan,
> ApplicationInfo.GCVersionCode))
When I remove this property no changelog are shown. This means it won't
work for our first release with this feature. I suggest to assume a last
version of 0 if not found.