[GCompris-devel] user changelog

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:46:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've just merged a changelog into the master: the main file is
src/core/Changelog.qml where we need to add the new versions with an
optional comment text (useful to tell about new features/translations
that are not activities).
I have thought to do without this, but we would lose the fix releases
logs (like 0.52 where no activities are added but it is still good to
offer a changelog to the user so he knows why he updated).

Then, for new activities, in ActivityInfo.qml, there is a new integer
field: createdInVersion. It is automatically filled when running
createit.sh.
I use this field in the Changelog.qml to retrieve all the new activities
and display them (using their title so it should already be translated
if the activity is translated) and in the Menu.qml to display a "+" icon
to say it's a new activity for this version.
It's not visually perfect so if you have ideas on how to emphasis the
new activities without having a big flashy NEW icon (which wouldn't be
good for translation anyway), don't hesitate to share it.

Visually, it looks like: http://pasteboard.co/17cYJzA6.png (you can see
the "+" icon for the graph coloring activity on left).

You can see it "in real" by either updating the conf file to set:
[Internal]
lastGCVersionRan=6000 -> something less than 6000, like
3000/4000/5000... depending on how much log you want
or setting, in src/core/main.qml, ApplicationSettings.lastGCVersionRan =
3000 (or 4000...):
             checkWordset()
     // -> there
if(changelog.isNewerVersion(ApplicationSettings.lastGCVersionRan,
ApplicationInfo.GCVersionCode))