[GCompris-devel] Division - new activity

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Feb 12 23:35:17 UTC 2016

> If I understand correctly, there are 2 things: having custom levels
> (let's say easily, some .js data files in some directory and a
> configuration button like in balancebox to use the default levels or
> the customs).
> And the possibility to directly input in the activity the
> configuration we want (for this activity, let's say two text fields,
> to input the number of children and candies).
I see these as one. Activities may have a custom level instead of the
default one. We already support this in balancebox but we could extend
the concept to others.

> I agree that we should have the possibility to read custom datasets.
> But for the second point, as you say, it goes more on admin part than
> directly on the activity itself.
> For the Gtk+ version, if I'm not wrong, the "text" activities had the
> possibilities to create datasets. Was there some rule to decide if it
> is directly on the activity or in configuration?
Anyway this is a splitted responsability between the activity and the
configuration. The activity provides a configuration editor and the
admin mode allows to edit and assign configurations to all the GCompris
of the classroom. We had a tentative design here:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Dataset_handling

In the Gtk+ version we had an API to let activity create their
configurations. Don't remember where it was saves, probably in the
sqlite database that could be shared.