[GCompris-devel] Division - new activity

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:05:03 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I did not give any dead line ;)
I just said that in two months I am teaching sharing (not division but that
leads to it. )
Having close to no time between holidays, I like Bdoin and Johnny time
approach that I understood like "it will be finished when it will be
finished, no rush".

And I did not ask for an exe either :) I just said that in my class we only
have windows pc.

The idea I gave is a bit different that what steven wrote.
What I do with cards at the moment when I teach to solve division problem
is the following.

For example I write on the board,

I have 9 candies and I want to share them equally between 1 boy and two
girls.

In a first step I have
9 cards showing each one a candy; one 1 boy card and 2 girl cards
Pupils have to place the three boy and girls cards in front of them, then
distributes. Which gives the result of the sharing..

2nd step
I have many cards with boys and girls and many cards with candies
This time pupils must prepare themself the material (1 boy card and 2 girl
cards) and 9 candies cards.
Then they then distributes, and this gives the results to the sharing.

have a good day,

Emmanuel (Allon)