Feedback on the translation of the words

Antoni Bella pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 20:18:54 UTC 2016

  Hi
  OK with your explication.
  My idea is solved with attached script. It is free ;-)
  Regards  Toni
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On dv., des. 23, 2016 at 0:09, Emmanuel Charruau<echarruau at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi Toni,

Johnny is looking at the "manjar" problem.

For the english fixes, you are right but due to compatibility problem with previous versions, we can not correct these words :(
They are not displayed in the program thought so nobody sees them, they are just used as "keys".

For the exact translation point, the words are stored in json files and json does not accept comments.
You can however use this file

https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/blob/master/src/activities/lang/resource/words.json

to find to which category a word belongs to.

Hope I could answer your questions effectively.

Thanks for your help :)

Emmanuel

  Hi list,
  I'm updating the words (lang resource) for the Catalan language and I found the following three problems:
Without image: <http://gcompris.net/incoming/ lang/words.html>    "ate.ogg": "menjar",
Possible english fixes:    "canon.ogg": "canó",     -> cannon    "jelly.ogg": "gelatina", -> gelatine    "nut.ogg": "cacauet",    -> peanut    "paw.ogg": "pota",       -> footprint
This page is very good for this work: (Can be improved?)  I also thought about how to help you find the exact translation. Each word should indicate which lesson belongs, as follows:    lemon (fruit)    brother (people)    keel (?)
  Useful for different translation teams. What do you think?