launching problem - release 0.61 on Windows x64

Antos Vaclauski vaclau at zkodam.info
Fri Aug 12 12:37:44 UTC 2016

Hi to all !

I am about to spread news about gcompris to Belarusan folks, but I didn't manage to launch it on my Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 x64 machine. I used this installator http://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/gcompris-qt-0.61-win32.exe.

The first message was about absent api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll. That was fixed with the help of web-search by installing "Visual C++ Redistributable". Now, the message is about missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll library. I've also faced these problems testing inside Windows 8 x64 virtualbox.

One more question - was the windows-link of website's download button left to gtk version knowingly ?

Thank you,
with regards