launching problem - release 0.61 on Windows x64

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:26:31 UTC 2016

Le 12/08/2016 à 14:37, Antos Vaclauski a écrit :
> Hi to all !
>
> I am about to spread news about gcompris to Belarusan folks, but I didn't manage to launch it on my Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 x64 machine. I used this installator http://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/gcompris-qt-0.61-win32.exe.
>
> The first message was about absent api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll. That was fixed with the help of web-search by installing "Visual C++ Redistributable". Now, the message is about missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll library. I've also faced these problems testing inside Windows 8 x64 virtualbox.
>
> One more question - was the windows-link of website's download button left to gtk version knowingly ?
>
> Thank you,
> with regards

Hi,

As you could see, the installer for windows is not well tested and ready
yet, it still has issues we need to fix.

I'm looking at distributing it instead of the GTK version when it's
ready, and keep the GTK version as an alternative until we get the admin
part done in the Qt version, for those who really need it.

Cheers

Timothée