[GCompris-devel] Preparing release 0.50

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:11:26 UTC 2015

On 11/22/15 20:46, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 November 2015 03.39:21 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Any idea (ETA) when we could see 0.50 released and put at
>>> http://gcompris.net/download/ , some sort an initial .deb package. I
>>> am guessing it would take quite some time.
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is not a good idea to distribute a .deb on gcompris.net. This is not
>> the usual distribution way for debian users.
>>
>> I would prefer to look after other options like a universal installer
>> like Qt is doing for Qt Creator for example.
>>
>>> Also if there is a changelog that I could look at/follow -
>>>
>>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/edu/gcompris/repository/revisions/master/revisions
>>> as Bruno's notes didn't tell where I or other interested folks could
>>> get info.  about  what changes there was in between the last release
>>> and this one . From buno's present 'confession' of the same below -
>>>
>>> "So far we have many fixes and improvements all around in 355 commits and
>>> 10 new activities have been added:
>>>
>>> By Bruno : chess, chess_2players, chess_partyend, melody
>>> By Siddhesh Suthar (part of GSoC): lang
>>> By Pulkit Gupta: paintings
>>> By Johnny Jazeix, readingh, readingv
>>> Sagar Chand Agarwal (part of GSoC): renewable_energy, watercycle " -  Bruno
>>>
>> I don't understand very well what you expect here. A more detailed
>> change log ?
>>
>> Bruno.
>
> Last randa Meetings I've successfully build an version for openSUSE.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Education/gcompris-qt
> So people can download and install it easily from
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/[Their_openSUSE_Version]
>
> It was a 0.44 tarball. Is there any new tarball.
>
> It is also very easy to make a package from a git source.
> So would you like that I snapshot actually what's happening in
> https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-qt
>
> Bruno, if you create release on github its even more easier..
> I'm kinda think of release in the kde sense (.70 = alpha, 80 = beta, 90 = rc)
> so 0.49.90 ? before the real 0.5 ?
>
> Once I've prepared all the stuff, I can give instruction.
> OBS is able to build for numerous plate-forms and make binaries download
> easy also for external website. Perhaps it is a feature gcompris would like
> to use ?
>
> Sorry to have miss Bazard du Libre, but it was a mess to bring back the money
> and so I've to cancel everything on last monday.
>
> I hope you're enjoy the week-end!

Hi,

for now, there is not yet the tarball as we are waiting for translations
to be done and then we'll tag the branch (with translations included).

The official repository is in kde:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=gcompris.git. In github, there are not the
branches and tags.

For the openSUSE builds, I fixed the error about the qqml.h file not
found for openSUSE and Tumbleweed.

Some minor remarks for the package (from
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/330727, it may have changed since):
gcompris-qt.changes:
Shouldn't it be "Voices package" instead of "Videos package"?

gcompris-qt.spec:
The minimal version is 5.3.0 not 5.2.0.
It is Qt not QT ;).
There is a "addd" (with 3 d).
play %{name} activities in "differents languages", I think it is
"different languages" (twice).
DCMAKE_SKIP_RPAH should be DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH