[GCompris-devel] Preparing release 0.50

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sun Nov 22 19:46:44 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 18 November 2015 03.39:21 Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > Any idea (ETA) when we could see 0.50 released and put at
> > http://gcompris.net/download/ , some sort an initial .deb package. I
> > am guessing it would take quite some time.
> Hi,
>
> It is not a good idea to distribute a .deb on gcompris.net. This is not
> the usual distribution way for debian users.
>
> I would prefer to look after other options like a universal installer
> like Qt is doing for Qt Creator for example.
>

> > Also if there is a changelog that I could look at/follow -
> >
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/edu/gcompris/repository/revisions/master/revisions
> > as Bruno's notes didn't tell where I or other interested folks could
> > get info.  about  what changes there was in between the last release
> > and this one . From buno's present 'confession' of the same below -
> >
> > "So far we have many fixes and improvements all around in 355 commits and
> > 10 new activities have been added:
> >
> > By Bruno : chess, chess_2players, chess_partyend, melody
> > By Siddhesh Suthar (part of GSoC): lang
> > By Pulkit Gupta: paintings
> > By Johnny Jazeix, readingh, readingv
> > Sagar Chand Agarwal (part of GSoC): renewable_energy, watercycle " -  Bruno
> >
> I don't understand very well what you expect here. A more detailed
> change log ?
>
> Bruno.

Last randa Meetings I've successfully build an version for openSUSE.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Education/gcompris-qt
So people can download and install it easily from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/[Their_openSUSE_Version]

It was a 0.44 tarball. Is there any new tarball.

It is also very easy to make a package from a git source.
So would you like that I snapshot actually what's happening in
https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-qt

Bruno, if you create release on github its even more easier..
I'm kinda think of release in the kde sense (.70 = alpha, 80 = beta, 90 = rc)
so 0.49.90 ? before the real 0.5 ?

Once I've prepared all the stuff, I can give instruction.
OBS is able to build for numerous plate-forms and make binaries download
easy also for external website. Perhaps it is a feature gcompris would like
to use ?

Sorry to have miss Bazard du Libre, but it was a mess to bring back the money
and so I've to cancel everything on last monday.

I hope you're enjoy the week-end!

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot