[GCompris-devel] Imageid (was: Re: Bug in the translation system)

Holger Kaelberer hk at elberer.de
Sat Jan 17 13:13:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

Regarding imageid I almost finished the german translation of the words, as discussed. Also have
some changes/fixes for imageid I'll push soon. So these probably should go in a released version.

Open issue: How do we cope with languages for which we don't have a word-list? For now the activity
is just not usable. We could either

- reuse the minimum word-set that was there in the beginning as a default and part as the regular
translation process, so we could provide a minimal imageid available for all languages and activate
the extended word-list if available for the few languages we have word-lists for, or

- track which languages we support in imageid (i.e. for which we habe a extended word-list) and pop
up a dialog to tell the user if he starts imageid with a not supported locale. (Or maybe even hide
the activity from the menu if not supported, which would probably require a deeper change.)

WDYT?

Holger