[GCompris-devel] Bug in the translation system

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sat Jan 17 09:56:20 UTC 2015

Le 17/01/2015 10:25, Karl Ove Hufthammer a écrit :
> On 16. jan. 2015 21:57, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>> That said we may consider doing a release of the current master as it
>> is mostly bug fixes and little incremental improvements. The biggest
>> change  is the full rewrite of imageid to use the 1000 images of
>> http://www.art4apps.org/ that we had in the Gtk+ version.
>
> Where are all the image files stored (in a version control
> repository)? On http://www.art4apps.org/ I can only download one image
> at a time, and the files seemed to be different from the ones in
> GCompris (they have white backgrounds, while the GCompris ones have
> transparent backgrounds).
The images are in the source of the Gtk+ version under
"src/lang-activity/resources/lang/words". It was a mistake to put them
in the source because it makes the repository to be too large to
download for developers with low bandwidth. It is also better suited for
svn than git.

It is still on my todo list to setup an svn repository at KDE to host
these images and our large voice set.

> Also, are the images available in higher resolutions? The images at
> the Web site are little to small for modern HD displays, and it looks
> like they could be rescaled versions of original high-resolution
> bitmaps (e.g., they have anti-aliasing).

You are true. What happened is that Isabelle who created art4apps payed
a graphic artist for the image set. But she got them in low res without
transparent background. I spent many many hours to cut them, this is the
version we have in the Gtk+ repository.

I remember that Isabelle asked the graphic artist for higher resolution
and with transparent background. We even participated in the funding of
this work. I'll ask Isabelle if she has better to propose us.