[GCompris-devel] gcompris [Sailfish OS]

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Jan 15 00:36:48 UTC 2015

Le 14/01/2015 21:36, Alex Smirnoff a écrit :
> Hi.
> Dialog is just a simple window. This should be no problem to implement it.
> But respecting SailfishOS - in usual case it have only one window -
> Application window.
> Then it use Page concept. You just slide forward and back between
> several pages.
> That mean that in case of SailfishOS Dialog could  be implemented as Page.
> But even it implemented as window (In case of games this also quite
> usual), that better to slide to another page in any case if dialog
> content is little bit more complex as simple yes/no buttons. Because
> that make it more usable on target platform and less alien.
>
> So
> 1. I agree that custom dialogs should be implemented for gcompris.
> 2. Dialog could or should have native implementation specific to
> target platform. (Page sliding concept in case of Sailfish OS using
> native silica library).
> 3. The same thin could be said regarding controls, especially buttons.

Hi,

I don't agree that we have to be that concerned about native
implementation. If you look at games this is natural to have dialogs and
buttons that matches the game look and feel versus the platform one.
Also the platform design may not be appropriate for children.

My concern here is accessibility. Using native buttons ensure the
accessibility tools of the platform will work in GCompris. On that side
we made more efforts to allow keyboard navigation than we did in the
Gtk+ version.