[GCompris-devel] gcompris [Sailfish OS]

Alex Smirnoff smirnoff.al at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:36:53 UTC 2015

Hi.
Dialog is just a simple window. This should be no problem to implement it.
But respecting SailfishOS - in usual case it have only one window -
Application window.
Then it use Page concept. You just slide forward and back between several
pages.
That mean that in case of SailfishOS Dialog could  be implemented as Page.
But even it implemented as window (In case of games this also quite usual),
that better to slide to another page in any case if dialog content is
little bit more complex as simple yes/no buttons. Because that make it more
usable on target platform and less alien.

So
1. I agree that custom dialogs should be implemented for gcompris.
2. Dialog could or should have native implementation specific to target
platform. (Page sliding concept in case of Sailfish OS using native silica
library).
3. The same thin could be said regarding controls, especially buttons.

> Hi
>
> On 01/14/2015 12:06 AM, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>

>> With all these issues, don't you think we should go our own dialog boxes?
>>

> Yes, probably. Personally, I like the idea of using the platform's
> standard for dialog handling (which is wrapped in qtquickcontrol's Dialog
> et al.). But if
>
> 1. you want dialogs inside the main widget/window and/or
>
> 2. there are supported platforms that don't provide Dialog based elements
> (which is the case for sailfish OS, if I understood correctly, although
> this seems strange as the Dialog eleemnts came in qtquickcontrols with qt
> 5.1 as many other qtquickcontrols-elements)
>
> then we probably *need* to do it ourself (without qtquick's Dialog).
>
> Holger

Alex Smirnov